Here are the events scheduled so far for Aug. Please click on the comment button if you can help support any!! The golf outing can be any hour increments you can help.
ALSO.. we will be ‘manning’ a concession stand on a weekday and a weekend slot at the BMW GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP in Lake Forest the week of Sept. 14-20. Days/times TBD. Let me know if you would be available for a 4 hour shift during the week or on the weekend. More info to come on this!
- – Aug. 4 – Night Out- Round Lake Beach – 5-8pm – 741 W. Town Line Rd – RLB
- – Aug. 8 – Hawthorne Gardens Dog Wash – 11am- 2pm
- – Aug. 15 – GARAGE SALE – 8am-4pm
- – Aug. 15 – Empty the Shelters- SAP 11-4pm
- – Aug. 15 – Bentley’s Long Grove- 12-3pm
- – Aug. 15 – Grayslake Parade – 7pm
- – Aug. 20 – Trustmark – Lake Forest – 11:30 am-1pm
- – Aug. 22 – Knuppers Nursery – 11am-3pm
- – Aug. 26 – Golf Outing – 8-3pm – Arboretum, Buffalo Grove
- – Aug. 28 – Fri. – JURASSIC MOVIE – CLC – 6-10pm
- – Aug. 30 – Woof Fest – Highland Park – 12-2pm
Due to the Reunion on Sat. and Staff/Volunteer potluck on Sunday, there will be NO PARKING available in the North lot by the volunteer entrance from Friday morning through Monday afternoon ( or when the tent is taken down).
On Sat. all volunteers and staff will be asked to park on the grass on the South side of the building where the iso pens are now. Staff will be removing the pens on Thurs/Fri. We need as many spaces in front of the building for the guests coming as is possible. We will have police help on Sat. directing traffic into the adoption center.
Sunday is the staff/volunteer potluck-bbq starting at 5pm. We are hoping to see a lot of you there, remember to bring a dish to pass! The grill will be a grillin!! If you can’t bring a dish, how about a bag or two of ice????
There will be recognition of all volunteers that have volunteered 500 and 1000 hours and some surprises. Hope to see you there!
Save-A-Pet will be involved in two special adoption events in August and we could use some extra help on these days. The events will run all day, so if you can volunteer for even 2 hours, it would help our residents by keeping their stress levels low and make it easier for our guests looking for their new family member. You will be greeting guests as they enter the MCR and kennels h As always, we are there to help and support Staff as these may be very busy days for them.
Please click on the comment button if you are able to help, and put the date/time you can volunteer. Thank you!!
REUNION – SAT. AUG.1 – 11-5PM
– We will be live at the WGN broadcasting booth at the Lake County Fairgrounds with Allstate, talking about SAP and inviting guests to come visit. As this will be broadcast live there and on WGN, we are expecting more guests that day PLUS the Reunion is also going on. We need at least 2 volunteers to be ‘extra eyes’ in both the MCR and in the Kennels that day. You will be greeting guests and supporting staff. We also need volunteers to help direct parking. We will have the iso outside pens taken down and staff/vol need to park there that day, but we need help directing guest parking.
EMPTY THE SHELTERS – SAT. AUG. 15 – 11-5PM
– We will be part of NBC5 and Telemundo’s effort to empty the shelters on Aug. 15th. We will also have the Garage Sale going on that day. We will need volunteers to help in the same areas as the Reunion, listed above. This will be a very busy day for SAP and we are hoping a lot of our residents find their new homes. Any help you can give us that day will be a great help. Again, we are supporting the staff, so we will need to follow their instructions and go where our help is most needed.
If you have any questions please feel free to click on the comment button and ask or email: email@example.com
Interested in helping out at the annual Reunion? Want to know what the Reunion is about? Have ideas to share?
COME TO THE PLANNING MEETING TUES. JULY 21 AT 6PM and join us as we plan out the ‘grooviest’ Reunion yet. Yes, there will be a disco theme!!!
All are welcome!!
Please return any red volunteer badges on lanyards back to the volunteer nook as we are running very low on them again.
REMINDER… the red volunteer badges on lanyards should always be returned to the hanger BEFORE you leave.
Please click on the comment button below and let us know the event you can help support! If multiple shifts are listed, include which shift. We have some new and fun ones this month, feel free to email us any questions on the following events.
SAT. Aug. 1st – REUNION AT SAP – 12-3pm
SAT. Aug. 1st – Bentley’s- Libertyville – 1-4pm
TUES.– Aug. 4th – National Night Out – 5-8pm – Round Lake Beach Lakefront- Classic car show, vendors & more
- SAT. Aug. 8th – Dog Wash at Hawthorn Gardens – 11-2pm
- PARK ON PARK – Weds. Aug. 12 -Mundelein – 5-7pm
- SAT. -Aug 15th – GARAGE SALE AT SAP – 8-4pm
- SAT. – Aug. 15th– Adoption Event ‘Empty the Shelters’ – at SAP – 10:30- 5pm.
- SAT. -Aug 15th – Bentley’s – Long Grove 12-3pm
- SAT., – Aug. 22nd – Knupper’s Nursery Pet Event – 11-2pm
- WEDS. – Aug 26th – Golf Outing at Arboretum in Buffalo Grove – 8am-4pm (SHIFTS 8-NOON & NOON-4PM)
- FRI. – AUG. 28th – CLC – JURASSIC WORLD movie outside – 6pm
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you can help at any of these great events!
If you have over 30 hours of volunteer time in, you can request your own name badge with a picture of your fav special needs dog or cat on it. If you have requested one and have not found it in the brown box located on the volunteer sign in desk, please resubmit your request. If you are not sure of your volunteer hours but think you are over 30, put a ?? in the hours space and include your email, printed clearly, so we can let you know how many you have. Thanks!!